Craving something refreshing and hearty? But also want it to be nutrient-dense, plant based and dairy free? Try my simple rendition of cucumber hummus!
I’ve found myself gravitating toward summery foods like mangoes and coconut milk ice cream as the weather in NYC turns cold. This recipe for vegan cucumber hummus is a manifestation of this summer-driven impulse to battle these glacial days. It’s easy to make with a simple blender. Hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup of organic chickpeas
- 1 cucumber
- 2 organic fresh lemons
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon of Himalayan pink seasalt
- 1 table spoon of coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 spring of fresh parsley
- 1 spring of fresh dill
- 1/8 cup of pine nuts
- Just for fun: a few kale leaves or more
- Wash, rinse and dry chickpeas
- Squeeze lemon juice from fresh lemons
- Skin and cut cucumber
- Place ingredients in blender (I use Blendtec but any blender will do!)
- Blend for 2-3 minutes and enjoy!